As a pet owner, you always prefer to provide a comfortable life for your pet, so you take care of their food, health, grooming, and exercise. For playing, exercise and walking your pet will be in and out of the house. And to make this easier, you would like to install a dog door that provides convenience for you and your dog, so you don’t have to play the role of the porter for your dear pet. The automatic pet doors are so much comfortable that your doggy can open the door for himself to have food or to reach litter boxes.
Many types of dog doors like electronic, automatic, smart dog doors are available on the market depending on the safety level, size, weather condition and much more. Here I will make you aware of the reviews of best electronic dog doors that can control your pet’s access to the additional features it offers.
Best Electronic Dog Door
1. Patio Pacific Endura Flap Door
Patio Pacific Endura Flap Door is having a well and sturdy design that offers excellent quality. The frame is made up of aluminum and so durable. You will find this door self –framing for all the doors. You will get worth your money as it possesses a high-quality double flap door. It is easy to install in a panel door.
- Single or double flap versions are energy efficient and weather resistant.
- It provides simple training due to the environmentally friendly flap and adaptable magnet strength.
- When it is not in use, then access is closed off with the help of a sturdy security locking cover.
- You will enjoy the flexibility and safety with excellent design.
- At times, it has several little air leaks.
- Sometimes the dog hits the metal present on the outside of the flap which can affect the working of the pet door.
2. SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
Sure Flap Microchip Pet Door can be installed in windows, walls, and doors and can be programmed at the touch of the button. It also works with the Sure Flap RFID collar tag. For glass installations, a Sure Flap Pet Door Mounting Adaptor is required, and for wall installations Sure Flap Pet Door Tunnel Extenders are required.
- To keep intruder animals out, it works with the microchip.
- With the support of all microchip formats, you will find it well-matched.
- At certain times, the door lock and unlock due to curfew mode.
- With regular use, the 4 C cell batteries last up to a year.
- It is found ineffectual against raccoons.
- On battery failure, it will lock your pet out.
3. PetSafe SmartDoor
PetSafe Smart door is battery operated that holds interior and exterior frame, mounting screws, cutting template, smart keys and key rings. The PetSafe Smart door offers your dear doggy a key to the house. If in automatic mode, this smart door will allow only the pet is having the smart key to pass through the door.
- It provides convenience for you and your pet due to the presence of particular entry, exit, and auto-locking functions.
- Waterproof smart keys are worn on the pet’s collar which is battery operated.
- It can be used for multiple pets as it is programmable for up to 5 smart keys.
- You can install it on interior and exterior doors.
- In cold weather, it may malfunction.
- After a couple of months, in some cases, the door either remains locked or not at all locked.
4. High Tech Pet Electronic Dog Door
High Tech Pet door is an electronic dog door that is motor driven and completely automatic that is considered one of the best inventions for pets. The MS-4 ultrasonic collar activates the sliding door. It is available in two sizes – medium which is meant for 30 pounds’ pet and large for 100 pounds’ pet.
- You can select in, out, full or closed access with the help of 4-way access control.
- Enjoys a high level of security due to automatic deadbolt locking. You will find it airtight seal with the wind and weatherproof features.
- Against intruders and stray animals, it is regarded as one of the most secured pet doors due to the automatic dead-bolt locking feature.
- In extreme heat and cold, the door panel won’t break or crack due to high strength and military-grade resin.
- Some buyers experience the quality of the collar poor.
- More or less found that on installation screw hole covers broke down.
5. Ideal Pet Products E-Cat Electromagnetic Dog Door
Ideal Pet Product Electronic dog door ranges from 7 inches by 9 inches. It works perfectly for your small doggies. You will find it simple and sturdy with well-designed features. It is easy to install a door with solid construction. You can get it at a reasonable price.
- The unwanted animals remained out due to the particular entry.
- For exterior and interior use, it features weatherproof design.
- It enjoys a 4-way operation. The flap is translucent and indestructible.
- One collar can work with two doors as it has the magnet in it that activates the door.
- Occasionally locking mechanism does not work.
- At times to unlock the door, it does not pick up the sensor very well.
6. Solo Pet Doors Automatic Dog Door
Solo Pet Doors designs some of the top electronic dog doors on the market that are fully automatic. This door is made in the USA that works well. You will find out this equipment sturdy and well built. If you are planning to travel, then you can lock your doggy so that no other animals in the neighborhood enter your house.
- It is available in 10 different sizes, so it works for the smallest pet to the largest dog.
- Due to gravity, the door closes slowly, so it is considered safe for your pet.
- It contains a free pet tag sensor that helps in triggering the pet door that is attached to the pet’s collar.
- It will not allow any annoying intruder to invade your house as it provides high security.
- Some users face the problem of glitches.
- The door can be opened by any magnet sometimes, so it becomes easy to break into your house.
From the above products, you can easily evaluate which electronic dog door will fulfill your requirements as they are automatic and motor-driven. Such a door provides comfort to you and your furry friend. The reviews here will make you aware of the best electronic dog door available on the market. Choose the best-suited product for your pooch from them.
How to keep a cat away from using dog door?
It is the most common issue that the cat keeps using the dog doors. Sometimes, they are too lazy to go from somewhere else or try to tease the dog and annoy you! Whatever the reason may be, if you are irritated with this thing, you should know how you can keep your cat away from using a dog door.
1) Train the kitty not to use a dog door
This is the best option amongst all. Train the kitten not to go near to the dog door. Then he will grow up knowing that his master doesn’t allow him to use the dog door and their doors are different than them, and eventually stops using the dog doors.
2) Use an electronic dog door
The electronic dog door requires collars to throw signals. So, only those pets can use it which is wearing the collar. If you put a collar on the dog’s neck and not on the cat’s neck, then your issue can be solved! This is the easiest way for keeping the cats away from using the dog door.
3) Use more substantial material to create the flapper
Many cats are too lazy to give effort. Use metals or some more substantial material than the plastic. The cat will try to open the door with the help of their paws, but when it does not open, the cat will stop trying and understand that the door is not meant for them.
4) Get some help from the squirt gun
You may give some extra efforts to use this option as you have to be near to the dog door, but you can surely use a squirt gun on the cats when they go near the dog door. They will eventually know that if they use the door which is not supposed to be used as the squirt gun may make them wet.
5) Use of invisible electric fences or Scat Mat
These are the things you can use if you have tried all of the above options and they didn’t work out well. There are some invisible fences that can give mild shocks to the cats. The scat mats are also meant to keep the cats away, as such mats give the pets a static shock. These options are cheap. But, I do not recommend to use such fences and mats as they may scare the canine also.
So, these are the five ways to keep a cat away from using the dog door. I hope you will find these tactics useful and soon be lucky to convince the cat not to use dog doors.